Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Marshmallow Peeps and Sweet Potatoes!

This recipe is an Easter tradition in my house; my grandmother always makes them for Easter and even though I don't actually like sweet potatoes I think they are very sweet!
These are super simple to make, and I brought them to our "out-of-towners" Easter dinner and they were a hit! You can also make them with regular marshmallows, if you don't have access to peeps.

First, bake and mash the sweet potatoes. For a dozen servings you will probably only need 4-5 average sized sweet potatoes or yams (I used yams because they are more orange).
Add a few tablespoons of sugar and sprinkle some cinnamon in the potatoes. Set aside. Line a large baking dish with pineapple rings and spoon the potatoes onto the rings. Place a yellow peep in the middle and put a little more potato around the edges to encompass the peep.

Cook them at 325 degrees for 10-15 minutes, keeping an eye on them so the peeps don't melt away! Serve warm and enjoy!


(These are before being cooked. After, the peeps didn't have much shape!)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...