Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What AM I doing??

I have had several comments asking what I'm going to be doing at work ever since I announced that I have accepted a job. I haven't intentionally left you all in the dark by keeping it a secret, the truth is I had very little knowledge of what I would be doing before my first day on Monday! Now that it's been a few days, however, I am a little more aware of what is going on here. Think of this post as a Public Service Announcement.

I am working for a company that provides rides to people with disabilities. The clients are often getting rides to doctor's appointments, the grocery store, the bank or other things like dialysis. My job will be to direct the drivers (dispatch), make up the driver schedule, enter data like invoices and gas receipts, basic office jobs like that.

It isn't glamorous, and it's far from what I want to do for the rest of my life, but for now, I'm enjoying it. A job gets me out of the house and it's a small office, with one woman that I work with directly here, a few owners of the company that come and go and the drivers, of course. I love that it is relaxed and family friendly. On Monday I heard my manager working with a driver to arrange daycare for her daughter. L (my manager) was so accommodating to the driver that I was touched. I think I will really enjoy working here, once I actually know and understand everything that's going on. For now I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and am trying to adjust to a new schedule, but I'm happy and eager to see where this job takes me in the future.

So there you have it, the answer to your burning question of what the heck is my job and what am I doing??

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...