Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Garden of weedin'!

It's been a while since I've shown you my garden. It's grown a bit since last we looked.


I've meant to post a garden update (because I have to admit that I'm very proud of my garden!) before now, but to be perfectly honest I was a little too lazy to get out there and take pictures. Anyway, the important thing is that it did finally happen!
I've loved watching my little garden grow this year. I look at it out the window all the time, and it makes me feel so accomplished! I've already had several salads with the lettuce we planted!


My favorite part of growing lettuce is the fact that it's always there, waiting for me to pick exactly how much I need. Usually lettuce goes bad before I can eat it all. This way I have a lot more leeway, although and I'm having a hard time keeping up and think next year one or two fewer plants will be fine.


I also recently discovered that we actually have broccoli! It's not ready to cook and eat yet, but it's getting there!

On the other side of the garden are the pumpkins which are purely for fun. I can't wait to see the pumpkins grow, and they're working on it! I've found the beginnings of vines and flowers!


Sadly, we did lose one of our tomato plants, but we still have three others which is a small miracle (I killed all our tomatoes last year!)

Are you growing a garden? How is your garden growing?


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...