Monday, July 25, 2011

Menu Plan Monday


This weeks starts the last week of July which means the last week in the July Food Stamp Challenge. I'm both relieved and a little sad to see the month end. I feel like I did pretty well with the challenge, though it was, obviously, a challenge. I'm pre-writing and scheduling this post while I think about it, so I don't have the total of my Monday grocery shopping. As I write this, I have $49.53 left which, I believe, will definitely get me through the week, especially since this week is full of recipes with ingredients that are already in the house. Most of the grocery shopping this time will consist of fruits and vegetables, since I have leftover money. Those things are expensive!

Anyway, here's what we're eating this week:

Monday: Weigh-in and bible study, which means take-out

Tuesday: Tuna steaks (from the freezer) and corn on the cob

Wednesday: Chocolate chip pancakes (frozen from a couple weeks ago) and fruit

Thursday: Shrimp and pasta, zucchini and/or yellow squash

Friday: I'm at Petco, so Geoff's on his own. I usually get a smoothie

Saturday: Chicken thighs and some sort of veggie tbd

Sunday: Homemade pizza (which may or may not be sourdough, depending on my mood/if I activate the sourdough this week)

That's what we're eating this week...how about you?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...