Back in January I put together a house list of things I wanted to accomplish this year. Since we're a little more than halfway through the year, I thought it as appropriate to update my list!
Crossed out items, obviously, are finished, but I italicized the items that I'm in the process of, or are coming up soon.
- Hang a wedding picture on the wall
- This is in progress because I recently bought an Eversave Seattle deal for a canvas print. I only ordered one, which will go over the mantle, but depending on how that comes out I will move forward with the living room pictures.
Hang and decorate with frame shadow boxes (I will post about these when I hang them up; they were another Freecycle find!)
- I did hang these in the bedroom, and there are a few things on them! My mom is bringing some things from home that I think I will put on the boxes.
- Get a new rug
Hang the mirror (a gift that I haven't gotten around to hanging up yet)
- Done! You can see it in this post.
- Get 2 chairs and sell the Freecycle couch (or at least get rid of it, but I'm hoping to sell it!)
Get a small coffee table
- Just completed this weekend! I will post about that soon.
Replace switch plate covers
- I don't believe I posted about these but I bought coffee switch plate covers from Etsy, to match the coffee theme in our kitchen.
Get a new dining room table
- This is not feasible right now, based on the space we have so I'm putting this off until later when I decide how to proceed.
- Find a nicer way to store our plastic to-go containers (please tell me I'm not the only one who battles with this!!)
- Fix screen door
- Stain deck (OK, this is outside, but it's off the kitchen, so that counts!)
- This may or may not happen this year. It is a lot of work, and since it's already August it might have to wait until next summer.
- Get his and her recliners and a couch
- We are actively saving for this!
- Sell Freecycle sectional (seeing a pattern here?)
- This will happen after we buy the recliners, of course.
- Hang Dark Side of the Moon poster (it needs to be leveled...it's kinda a pain to hang, but it needs to be done!)
- Debating whether or not I want to do this...it might make the wall too crowded.
- Replace switch plate covers
- I have yet to find something I like!
- Fix weather stripping on the door to the garage
Replace door to garage? (I'm not sure if we want to or need to do this, but it has a doggie door that we don't use, so a new one might be nice)
- Since the current one works fine, I'm not stressing about this right now.
- Find better curtains
- When my mom comes to visit we're going to go shopping! Curtains are going to be my birthday present this year.
- Hang something above the bed (we have a big, empty wall!)
- Sand and refinish my bedside table
- Build a stand for the TV and DVD player
- Repair and rehang broken frame
Mount speakers on the wall
- We decided to sell these instead, to no avail at the moment
Find a desk with more storage
- Thank you Craigslist! They even delivered!
Sell the desk we currently have
- Again, Craigslist!
- Find a small mirror or full length mirror to hang
- Replace or paint dresser
- Spray paint bed frame white
- This is on my list of goals this August. We'll see if it happens.