Wednesday, August 31, 2011
I gotta be honest with you guys. I don't think I did anything on my list this month. Worse, I have no excuses as to why I didn't do any of it! I guess the month just got away from me!
Here are my goals, so you can see how terribly I've done:
1. "Balance" our checkbook weekly. (I need to explain. Geoff and I have started sitting down on Fridays, after payday, and looking at our upcoming expenses, subtracting those and leaving a $200 buffer in our checking account, to see how much money we have to spend for the week. So far, this has worked out really well)
Yeah, not so much. We've been able to keep our buffer for 3 out of the 4 weeks this month, but we were hit with an unexpected expense, so we're thrown off. We also haven't been sitting down and talking money, so we need to get on that too.
2. Sell $30 worth of stuff on Ebay (My new decluttering friend! This money all goes straight into furniture fund!)
Also no, mainly because I was too lazy to take pictures and post things. I did list a few things that I'm hoping for at least $25 from, and we did sell something on Craigslist for $45 this week, so I'm not completely off. This money, we've decided, is going to go towards credit card debt.
3. Apply to 4 jobs (as usual)
I did do this!
4. Vacuum, sweep and mop the kitchen and sweep and mop the bathroom weekly (It needs to be done. Yes I'm embarrassed. Stop judging)
Fail. I only did it before our company came.
5. Paint the guest room bed white (this is part of the house list for this year. See what I mean about the year sneaking up on me?)
Nope. Again, because of family coming, I think, this just didn't happen because someone was actually using the bed!
6. Eat out no more than twice a week. (A definite money suck for us, though we've been getting better!)
I am pretty sure that we did this! I know there was one week that we ate out 3 times, and we ate out a couple times when family was here, but I think we only ended up paying twice.
Did you set goals for August? How did you do?
PS Don't forget that I'm guest posting over at Stress Case today!!