Friday, February 10, 2012

Harry Potter Challenge Day 13

Day 13 is my least favorite movie.


This one was difficult, because while the movies are completely different from the books, I do love them. At first I thought my least favorite was the 5th movie, because I wasn't a fan of the 5th book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Then I realized that this is possibly because I haven't seen that movie very many times.


Then I thought maybe it was the 4th movie, because there was just too much expounding on plot lines that weren't actually in the book. Then I remembered the graveyard scene, and the scene where Harry comes back, in front of the whole school, with Cedric's dead body (oops, spoilers! It's been long enough). Horrible as it sounds, I love that scene, and the music that goes along with it.


Finally, I thought maybe it was the 2nd movie, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. This is one of my least favorite books, and the movie has always seemed more childish than the others. With the exception of the first movie, of course, but I almost feel obligated to like that movie, because it's the first one! Try as I might, though, I can't hate the 2nd movie either. The actor's relationships are building, and the movie really shows them coming into their characters for the first time.


Finally, I decided that I don't actually have a least favorite movie. I love all of them for different reasons, and I don't like all of them for different reasons. When you separate the movies and the books, it's difficult for me to not like any of them because, like the books, I love and dislike each for very different reasons.


Do you have a least favorite movie?


Day 1: What's your favorite book? Why?
Day 2: What's your favorite movie? Why?
Day 3: What frustrated you most about the film adaptations?
Day 4: Who is your least favorite female character? Why?
Day 5: Who is your favorite male character? Why?
Day 6: What house are you in?
Day 7: Who is your favorite female character?
Day 8: What do you think would be your favorite lesson?
Day 9: Who is your least favorite male character? Why?
Day 10: Horcruxes or Hallows?
Day 11: What character would you say you are most like?
Day 12: What's your favorite ship?
Day 13: What's your least favorite movie?
Day 14: Death Eater or the DA?
Day 15: Who would be your best friend at Hogwarts?
Day 16: Who's your favorite professor?
Day 17: What's your least favorite book? Why?
Day 18: Do you prefer the books or films?
Day 19: What is your favorite chapter?
Day 20: What part of the books always makes you cry?
Day 21: If you could bring one character back to life, who would it be?
Day 22: Are there any scenes you wished would have been put in the films?
Day 23: Nineteen years later. Are you happy how the series turned out?
Day 24: What's your favorite spell?
Day 25: Would you rather own The Invisibility Cloak, The Resurrection Stone or The Elder Wand?
Day 26: Who is your favorite villain character? Why?
Day 27: Who is your favorite Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher?
Day 28: What would your patronus be?
Day 29: What is your favorite line in the books?
Day 30: What effect has Harry Potter had on your life?


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...