Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our Love Story!

When I saw that From Mrs. To Mama was doing a love story link up, I knew I had to join! Mostly because I just love talking about my wonderful husband!


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
On April 18 it will be 6 years!

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
I'm going to go into this more tomorrow, so I won't go into ALL the details now (come back tomorrow!) but we met through a mutual friend, online, while playing a Harry Potter game. Does that entice you to come back?

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
I knew I was going to marry Geoff after we'd been dating 3 months. 4 years later...he caught up! We were married on Jan. 2, 2010 (a palindrom! 01.02.2010) in Massachusetts. It was perfect, and it even snowed for us!

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We got married in my home church in Massachusetts and had a reception in an old mansion. I think the wedding was medium sized, but I have no idea how many people were there. Maybe 200 or so?

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
I call Geoff either love, or Geoff-Geoff. He calls me Meggy, Meggy the Pooh Bear, or Megg-Megg.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
I love his dedication. He's a freemason, and he has recently progressed to being the equivalent of "president" of his lodge. He worked hard to get to that point and I'm so proud!
I also love how much he loves ME! He's so dedicated to me and our little family that it makes me excited to expand it.
I love that he's such a hard worker. He's working full time and going to school part time, and isn't slacking in either. 

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
We love, love, LOVE to go to the movies. We dated long distance and we always went to the movies when we were together. On one of our last visits he proposed while we were in the theater, watching Up! It was perfect for us, and I love telling the story!

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?
Neither. He's practical, which I love. I usually give him hints, but he typically gets me something I'll use, rather than a teddy bear that will just lie around. He did get me flowers for our last 2 Valentine's days together though, so I may get them again this year!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Definitely a pop a movie in and relax! We are kinda homebodies and like it that way! Although I wouldn't say no to dinner on the beach...

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I'd love to go to Europe with him! I've been to Italy and he's been to Japan, but I'd love to experience England and some of the surrounding countries with him!

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Absolutely nothing! He has class and we're going to Hawaii the next week, so we're not going to worry about the actual day.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
I asked him for an apron from Target! They have an adorable one with hearts, and I don't have an apron so I really want one!

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Communicate. We read The 5 Love Languages in premarital counseling, and one of the things I learned was communicate with him, especially when I'm feeling like my "love meter" is running low. Guys just don't get things, and sometimes you just need to lay it all out for them.

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.
I'm going to show you a video, rather than a picture :)



Go link up here!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...