Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Book Review: I am the Messenger



My sister would disagree, but I didn't love I am the Messenger nearly as much as I loved The Book Thief. This isn't saying much, because I really enjoyed I am the Messenger.
This book came after The Book Thief, and isn't nearly as long. It starts out with a bang, and keeps on moving.

It's about Ed Kennedy, a nobody. He's 19 years old and hasn't accomplished anything. That is, until the cards start showing up.
One by one, he gets all 4 aces. Each one has a clue on them, getting progressively more difficult. His job is to deliver a message. I won't tell you what the messages are, because that will ruin it, but they're all very different. At the end of the book he feels like he's actually accomplished something in his life, and he has. He's saved people, helped them, and touched many lives with his small actions.

It's an excellent book, set in 4 parts, for each suite. I liked it because it really makes you think about how your actions affect other people, and even the effect they have on you or your friends.

Have you read I am the Messenger? If you liked The Book Thief, you should read this one as well. It's vastly different, but the writing is just as compelling.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...