Thursday, April 19, 2012

In the mind of a cat


The following is what Hermione thinks on a daily basis. I didn't have to interview her, I just know. It's a cat mom thing. Oh, and imagine all this in a high-pitched voice, because Hermione has a high pitched meow.

5:30 am: Guys. Guys, I'm hungry. Guys, do you hear the alarm? I'm hungry.
5:35 am: Hey. Why aren't you up yet? *licks inside Geoff's ear*
5:45 am: FOODFOODFOODFOODFOOD
6:00 am: What's going on in the bathtub?
6:05 am: Hey. I'd like to play with that q-tip, please. Why'd you throw it away??
6:10 am: Nevermind, I found a piece of dust on the floor, I don't need your dirty q-tip.
6:15 am: I think I'll just check and see if there's a dirty q-tip I can find in the trash...
6:30 am: Oh, you're leaving? Don't mind me while I lie upside down with all 4 feet in the air.



6:30 am-about 6:30 pm consists of alternating napping and OMG SQUIRREL/BIRD/LEAF MOVING OUTSIDE!!!

6:30 pm: Garage door! Someone's home! Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi!
6:35 pm: Dinner time?
This continues until...
7:00 pm: FOODFOODFOODFOODFOOD
7:05 pm: Cleaning, cleaning, BIRD!
7:30 pm: Clarabelle!! Let's play! *pounce*
Clarabelle: No.
Hermione: Yes!
Clarabelle: I said no! *hiss*
Hermione: Oh. Well, OK then. I'll pounce on you later.

The rest of the evening typically involves lying upside down, watching the birds until dark, napping on the couch, and tearing through the house. The latter usually happens when we go to bed. The last thing I hear for the night is:

10:00 pm: GUYS?? Guys where are you? I'm lost!

Then she curls up at my feet, and sleeps until the alarm goes off at 5:30, and the day starts all over again.

This post inspired by Mama's Losing It writing prompt "List 7 things your pet thought about today" and linked to Fur Baby Friday.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...