Friday, May 14, 2010

Repurposed bananas


These poor bananas! I have issues with bananas. On the one hand, they're very cheap, so I love to buy them. However, I don't like to eat them once they start to get freckly. I also have a banana limit, I've been known to eat all but the last bite or two of a banana and decide I'm done. I know it's strange.
Anyway, Geoff likes bananas just fine, but we still ended up with these four leftovers because I promised to eat more bananas, and Geoff just didn't get around to it.
Luckily for me, one of my favorite blogs, The Frugal Girl, had a post about banana chocolate chip muffins! So I send Geoff to the store to get me some chocolate chips last night, and decided he needed to bring these to work!


They came out great, if I do say so myself, and even though the recipe only produced 15, they aren't lasting long around here! Needless to say, they did not make it into work...

The recipe calls for 1 cup of mashed bananas, and it turns out that is two medium sized bananas! So I mashed the leftovers and froze them for future over-ripe banana usage (I love making banana bread, but I have to say these may be my new favorite banana recipe!)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...