Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Unique


We had many unique things at our wedding, things that made it ours that I absolutely loved. We walked out of the church to Harry Potter music, walked into the reception to Star Wars. We had cupcakes, toasted with beer, a mashed potato bar and button bouquets for our flowers. But my favorite unique touch of all? Our cake toppers.
I owe this idea to my friend, Lydia. She, jokingly, of course, suggested that we use Ron and Hermione as cake toppers. Of course I took to the idea right away. Geoff, being red-headed, me being a brunette, and, of course, in love with Harry Potter, I thought it was perfect. It took a bit of searching to find the perfect toppers, and I finally ended up having them made by someone on Etsy, but it was worth it in the end.
Now, they are proudly displayed on our mantel, and I will happily tell anyone the story of them, if they ask (and maybe even if they don't!)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...