Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Things could change, Gabe. Things could be different...There could be love."


I've been slacking in my blogging, mostly because life is actually busy again (a good thing, trust me!) but I miss it. In an effort to continue to blog, I think I will post some photos from my 365 photo project. I figure it will help me keep blogging, even when I have nothing else I feel like saying!

I used to say I couldn't pick a favorite book, because I loved too many. I'm not sure what happened, but I was talking about The Giver once, and suddenly realized that it is my absolute favorite book. I've had this copy for more than 15 years, and I've read it at least 50 times, probably more, I'm sure! I have a better copy of it, in hardcover, but I choose to read and reread this copy, because I like the way it feels to hold it. It's almost a comfort object for me.
I chose to take a picture of the book because I love how worn it looks. It gives it a lot of character, I think. I changed it to black and white, because the characters in the book are colorblind, though you don't realize it until about halfway through. As a side note, they are making the book into a movie, and I'm interested to see how they address this.

The Giver has two companion books, Gathering Blue and Messenger, which I recently decided to reread, hence the Giver reread as well. I love them, and I love the way they tie the whole thing together, but The Giver is my absolute favorite, hands down.

What's your favorite book?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...