Back in January I put together a house list of things I wanted to accomplish this year. Now that it's almost the end of the year, I think it's time to post an update.
Hang a wedding picture on the wall
I hung a canvas print in the family room, and two prints in our living room!
Hang and decorate with frame shadow boxes
- I did hang these in the bedroom, and there are a few things on them!
- Get a new rug
- I decided to take the rug we had in there out, for now. I may get a rug at a later time, but I'm still undecided.
Hang the mirror (a gift that I haven't gotten around to hanging up yet)
Get 2 chairs and get rid of the Freecycle couch
Get a small coffee table
- Done! You can see my whole living room in this post.
Replace switch plate covers
- I posted about that right here!
Get a new dining room table
- This is not feasible right now, based on the space we have so I'm putting this off until later when I decide how to proceed.
Find a nicer way to store our plastic to-go containers (please tell me I'm not the only one who battles with this!!)
- For the time being, they are going to remain where they are. For now, it works!
- Fix screen door
- Stain deck (OK, this is outside, but it's off the kitchen, so that counts!)
- This didn't happen this year, for a variety of reasons, but I'm hoping for next summer!
- Get his and her recliners and a couch
- We are actively saving for this!
- Sell/get rid of Freecycle sectional (seeing a pattern here?)
- This will happen after we buy the recliners, of course.
- Hang Dark Side of the Moon poster (it needs to be leveled...it's kinda a pain to hang, but it needs to be done!)
- Decided not to do this, but I have yet to find some place to put it.
- Replace switch plate covers
- Fix weather stripping on the door to the garage
- I have no idea why this didn't get done, because it's a simple task.
Replace door to garage? (I'm not sure if we want to or need to do this, but it has a doggie door that we don't use, so a new one might be nice)
- Since the current one works fine, I'm not stressing about this right now.
- Find better curtains
- Done! By the way, the whole house is curtained now! (A whole curtain post coming eventually)
- Hang something above the bed (we have a big, empty wall!)
- No. I don't know what to put there!
Sand and refinish my bedside table
- Build a stand for the TV and DVD player
- Repair and rehang broken frame
- Nope. I forgot about this until now. Oops.
Mount speakers on the wall
- We decided to sell these instead!
Find a desk with more storage
- Thank you Craigslist! They even delivered!
Sell the desk we currently have
- Again, Craigslist!
- I actually try to avoid the office, so no, this didn't happen.
- Find a small mirror or full length mirror to hang
- Not yet.
- Replace or paint dresser
- Not done. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with that.
- Spray paint bed frame white
- I'm determined to do this before the winter is out!
By the way, I'm sponsoring another giveaway, so go here and enter to win a pair of earrings from my Etsy shop!