Saturday, March 6, 2010

Census workers

At home full-time, I get very bored and, unfortunately, watch a lot of TV. I have started to notice that there are certain types of commercials on TV, depending on what channel you're watching.


1. Motor scooters and other elderly ads. These ads are clearly directed at elderly, retired people who are mostly homebound.
2. ITT Tech and University of Phoenix ads. These are directed toward people who are between jobs and maybe careers, and therefore could benefit from going back to school.
3. Baby products, clearly designed for the stay at home mom (not me)
4. Census workers needed

Of all of these, only the latter applies to me, of course. Between these commercials and a call from my mother today, I decided to do something I'd been considering for a little bit. I'm applying to be a census worker. On Monday I'll go down and take a very simple test, get interviewed and, with any luck, get out of the house and make a little money at the same time!

At first I was a little hesitant about doing this, but days on end of boredom have cured me of that! In addition, the census only comes around once every 10 years, and in 2020 I may not have the chance to do it again. Plus, it's interesting, and something to talk about. But I think the biggest bonus is a little more money, and getting out of the house. There is no guarantee that I will get the job, of course, but we will see how it goes on Monday.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...