Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm an organizing maniac

If you know me, then you know that I love to be organized. If you know my mom, you know where I got that trait from! I've been following Orgjunkie.com for a while now, and love all her tips, tricks and ideas, but unfortunately for me, I don't have a lot of use for them just yet. Since I just moved into the townhouse here, and Geoff hadn't been in it long enough to disorganize it completely, there isn't a lot of organizing necessary...not yet anyway. I'm sure that will come.
I remember the first time I realized I was actually a neat person (by neat, I mean clean, not cool, though I do like to think I'm that too! But I digress). It was when we moved into the house my parents live in now, and I finally got my own room. After sharing a room of comprable size for most of my life, having the whole room to myself was amazing! I immediately set to organizing, cleaning and keeping it clean. That is when I discovered how much I love to organize!

One of my favorite stores (which I have yet to actually visit, just checked it out online!) is The Container Store. For a self-proclaimed organizing maniac, this place is heaven! Like I said, I have yet to actually visit a store, but I'm hoping that will change soon! (Bear with me, I am going somewhere with this!)
Yesterday I started volunteering for the youth group, Big House, at the church Geoff and I are members of. This is not a new volunteer experience for me; I did it when I was back in Massachusetts and loved it. It was the perfect fix of teens that I think I always needed. Now, between searching for jobs as a teen librarian, I needed that fix again! So I volunteered for the youth group. Little did I know that it could go beyond just helping at La Mesa on Wednesday nights (by the way, last night was my first night and it was so much fun!)
Robert, the youth leader, has a problem. He has too much to do, not enough time, and (willingly) gave up his intern budget for the spring, so he also has no help. His office is a mess, and he worries that people will perceive his ministry as a mess too...something it is far from, I can assure you!
I have a problem too. I have nothing to organize and I'm home all day! Perfect! Today I'm going to Robert's office to find an organizing system that works for him, and organizing that office to make it a place he actually wants to bring parents and teens into! Best of all, he still has a little room in his budget for necessities like filing cabinets. It's heaven for me...there's money to organize and plenty to do! I can't wait to get started!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...