Friday, March 5, 2010

Food Waste Friday

(almost) Every week I try to post my food waste from the week! Inspired by The Frugal Girl, I am trying to reduce my waste and save money at the same time!

This week I'm a little ashamed to admit that this first photo is from before we were married...two months ago!


This was refrigerator bran muffins that are supposed to be kept in the fridge for 2 months. Well, we obviously kept it a little longer than that. Oops. I pulled them out to make muffins for breakfast and discovered that was not an option! Luckily we had used most of it up, and there were probably only about 6 muffins left in the batter.

Another victim of food waste this week was a potato that I did not get a picture of, unfortunately. I did manage to save most of the potatoes by making them into mashed potatoes, freezing them in muffin cups and saving each individual serving for later use! I'm especially excited about that. Anyway, several of the potatoes had eyes that I could cut out, but this one was a little moldy on the tip and I didn't want to deal with it. So I chopped it up and into the compost it went, along with the other potato peelings, of course.

All in all, a good week for us, I think!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...